What is the Birthstone of December?
Are you December born and wonder what the birthstone for December is? December-born people are fortunate to have four birthstones; Blue Topaz, Tanzanite, Blue Zircon, and Turquoise.
Each gemstone is infused with incredible physical, emotional, and metaphysical properties. So, stay with us as we outline these December birthstones’ essentials in this blog post.
Blue Topaz is grabbing the limelight for its breathtaking hues and versatility. This gemstone has become a favorite of jewelry designers and collectors. The December birthstone topaz represents eternal love and true friendship.
Tanzanite is one of the most expensive and rare gemstones in the world. This gem is 1000 times rarer than diamonds. It is found exclusively in the Simanjiro district of Tanzania.
Blue Zircon is an enchanting gem known for its striking looks and mystical healing properties. This ancient talisman gem protects the wearer from dark and evil forces.
Turquoise is a stunning gem prized in many cultures for centuries. This birthstone for December symbolizes protection, peace, and luck. In addition, it is one of the prominent December birthstones that have unbelievable healing powers.
A Few Words About Us
Elasaro provides beautiful handmade earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings.
We use natural stones with sterling silver to ensure high quality and durability.
A growing community of customers that wear our jewelry around the world.
Why does December have more than one birthstone?
December is a blue gemstone month. Traditionally Tanzanite was the sole birthstone for December. But due to its rarity and expensiveness, new birthstones were introduced for this month.
December Birthstone Color
- Blue Topaz – Natural Blue Topaz is an extremely rare gemstone. Therefore, owing to its massive popularity, heat-treated Blue Topaz was introduced to fulfill the surging demand.
- Tanzanite – is a part of the epidote mineral group. The presence of vanadium determines its unique violet and blue hues.
- Blue Zircon – This December birthstone undergoes an intensive heating process to gain its new greenish-blue color.
- Turquoise – is found in hues of blue to green with brown veins throughout. The most valuable stones have a more solid and smooth color.
December Birthstone Meaning and History
- Blue Topaz – In ancient texts, this birthstone December was portrayed as a crystal of healing and peace. The Romans discovered it over 2 million years ago in the Red Sea. Egyptians and Romans believe that Blue Topaz is a powerful gem that protects its wearer from negativities and hidden enemies.
- Tanzanite – is another gemstone that is comparatively new in the colored gemstone galaxy. It was first found in 1967 by a Masai tribal man in northern Tanzania. It means a bright shining gemstone.
- Blue Zircon – Found approx. 4 billion years ago, zircon, is one of the oldest gemstones in the world. The name zircon was taken from the Persian word, “zargun,” which means golden color. It used to be one of the favorites of the Victorian Era heirloom jewelry collections.
- Turquoise – is a French term that means Turkish. After all, Turkish sources found this stone over 3,000 years ago in Medieval Europe. Egyptians and Chinese have cherished this gorgeous December Sagittarius birthstone for its striking looks and brilliant properties.
Characteristics of the December Birthstone
- Blue Topaz – The December birthstone Blue Topaz is a calming stone that enhances self-expression and communication. It balances throat chakra, promotes inner peace, and stimulates mental stability. This stone also helps you channel your internal energies and identify the right pathways to abundant opportunities.
- Tanzanite – symbolizes dignity, truth, and wisdom. It promotes perception and intuition and stimulates higher consciousness. Moreover, Tanzanite also helps detoxify the body and boosts its immunity system.
- Blue Zircon – helps in building relationships and boosting self-confidence. It also attracts harmony and love into the life of the wearer. This gem is also good for meditation and mental purification.
- Turquoise – is a powerful gem that nourishes throat chakra and enhances expression and communication. Furthermore, Turquoise is the key to forgiveness and self-love. Lastly, Turquoise balances emotions and makes one feel calmer and at ease. However, before incorporating Turquoise into your life, you should first understand the December birthstone’s meaning and properties.
December Birthstone Care and Cleaning
- Blue Topaz – Consider cleaning your Blue Topaz December Birthstone with a mix of mild soap and warm water. Soak the stone for 30 minutes in the solution. Then, take the stone out and wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
- Tanzanite – a mix of soapy, warm water is the best to clean your Tanzanite gemstone. However, ensure you rinse the soapy water properly, as it can damage the stone’s color. Finally, wipe the stone dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- Blue Zircon – is another December birthstone that can be cleaned with warm and foamy water.
- Turquoise – mixing foamy and warm water is enough to clean Turquoise jewelry. However, avoid going for ultrasonic and steam cleaners for this purpose.
Why Choose Blue Topaz Jewelry?
Blue Topaz is one of the world’s most elegant and popular gemstones. It is the best crystal to upgrade your office appearance and become the center of attraction wherever you go.
Why Choose Tanzanite Jewelry?
Tanzanite is precious and one of the most beautiful crystals on the planet. The best way to absorb its goodness is to keep it close to your skin. Many leading jewelry brands release Tanzanite jewelry collections for their customers.
Why Choose Blue Zircon Jewelry?
This charming greenish-blue gem makes for an elegant choice for rings, pendants, and earrings. You can wear Blue Zircon jewelry to wedding parties and family gatherings.
Turquoise jewelry can add character to your personality. The best part is that Turquoise looks good in formal and casual dresses.