What is the Birthstone of June?
Are you June-born and want to know what Birthstone is June? You are fortunate to have three birthstones: alexandrite, pearl, and moonstone. Apart from charming looks, all these crystals are also known for their mystical physical, mental, and metaphysical properties. It is what this article is all about. So keep reading as we outline all the essentials of the Birthstone for June for you in this blog post.
Alexandrite is a relatively modern and chic June birthstone that has recently become a hot favorite of jewelry designers. This stunning crystal makes for a great wedding ring and promise ring option. This Birthstone June signifies fortune, love, and protection.
The pearl is the sole gem that comes from living creatures. These glistening spheres have been adored for centuries and continue to mesmerize the world with their elegance. This unique gem signifies wisdom, integrity, purity, serenity, and calmness. For more details, connect with an expert to know what is June birthstone.
Moonstone, the stone of healing, needs no introduction. Sixth-month-born people seeking the right direction in their lives should wear this gemstone. It comes in various clarity grades, colors, sizes, and shapes. Its distinct shimmer has captured the interest of gemstone enthusiasts for centuries.
A Few Words About Us
Elasaro provides beautiful handmade earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings.
We use natural stones with sterling silver to ensure high quality and durability.
A growing community of customers that wear our jewelry around the world.
Why does June have more than one Birthstone?
You see, ancient gemstones tend to become rare and expensive over time. Therefore, to satisfy consumer needs, multiple gemstones were named as the birthstone for June.
June Gemini Birthstone vs. June Cancer Birthstone
Alexandrite is the June Gemini birthstone. Therefore, people celebrating their birthdays between May 21 and June 21 can consider wearing this gemstone for good health and fortune. On the other hand, ruby is the June Cancer birthstone. Therefore, people who have birthdays between June 21 to July 21 can wear rubies to invite happiness and success in their lives.
June Birthstone Color
- Alexandrite – Alexandrite is an uncommon form of chrysoberyl mineral. It is a beautiful gemstone that changes color in different lighting conditions. Experts describe it as “ruby by night, and emerald by evening” because it looks green in the day and red in bright light.
- Pearl – This June pearl birthstone is found in different hues of blue, purple, pink, black, and even green. The mollusk determines the final color of the pearl. Besides this, nutrient supply, disease, or water conditions also decide the color of the pearl.
- Moonstone – What is the June birthstone color? Moonstone comes in shades of gray, yellow, pink, green, and brown. The most expensive and rarest is the colorless moonstone that comes in powder blue color layers. Consider connecting with an expert to learn about what’s the Birthstone for June.
June Birthstone Meaning and History
- Alexandrite – This Birthstone of June is also called the Friday’s Stone. It is one of the rarest crystals in the world that was discovered in the 19th century. But why the name Alexandrite? Because June’s birthstone alexandrite was first founded on the birthday of Prince Alexander II of Russia in 1830. The color-variation property of this crystal made it one of the most mysterious gems so far.
- Pearl – Have you heard the saying, Pearls bring tears? According to an ancient legend, pearls were nothing but the tears of mermaids. The history of this June birthstone dates back to 2300 BC. The Chinese used to give them as a symbol of ultimate royalty. These were so precious back that Julius Caesar had to pass a law limiting wearing pearls to the upper class only.
- Moonstone – Both Greeks and Romans associated this gemstone with their lunar deities. The famous Roman historian, Pliny, named this crystal moonstone. The first moonstone was found in ancient Rome. According to ancient legends, the solidified beams of the full moonlight formed moonstones. Due to its magnificent glow, many cultures associate it with good luck.
Characteristics of the June Birthstone
- Alexandrite – this June birthstone crystal is considered a very good omen in Russia. Spiritual experts use this gemstone to strike a balance between the manifest and astral world. Moreover, it also helps stimulate the crown chakra. Alexandrite will also bestow you with the love and healing energy of the universe.
- Pearl – Birthstone June pearl promotes protection, enlightenment, and self-confidence. It is a powerful gem that balances the aura and centers your root chakra. Experts consider it the ultimate protector when everything around you is in chaos.
- Moonstone – Moonlight is a powerful gemstone that brings positivity to the wearer’s life. It stimulates spiritual growth, promotes self-healing, and soothes aggression. Moonstone also brings stability and peace into the life of the wearer. Why don’t you consult an expert to know more about what is the Birthstone for June?
June Birthstone Care and Cleaning
- Alexandrite – is an excellent gem for daily use. However, you should protect it from scratches, harsh chemicals, and extreme temperatures. The best way to clean this crystal is with lukewarm water, a mild cleaning solution, and a soft toothbrush.
- Pearl – Make a solution of unscented mild detergent and warm water to clean the pearls. Dip a cloth in the solution, and wipe the pearls with it. Once done, wipe the pearls dry with a separate clean cloth.
- Moonstone – You should clean your moonstone jewelry items with mild soap and lukewarm water. In case of excessive debris accumulation, you can also use a soft toothbrush to get rid of it.
Why Choose Alexandrite Stone Jewelry?
Alexandrite is gorgeous. It is a versatile gemstone making headlines for its brilliant color variation feature. Many leading jewelry brands release attractive alexandrite collections to cater to various styling needs of their customers.
Pearls are charming and one of the most elegant gems in the world. They make a great jewelry option for formal and informal events and attires.
The best way to absorb the goodness of moonstone is by wearing its rings, earrings, pendants, and necklaces. It is the best way to upscale your style and keep this powerful gem near your skin.